Thursday, March 12, 2015

I love you to the moon...


Hi there, Lisa here today to share a layout I created using my favorite manufacturer, Heidi Swapp.  I honestly think she's genius.  Love her products.  I've been hoarding this constellation paper from Heidi Swapp September Skies for a little while but I couldn't think of a better way to use it than to highlight our family's love saying, "I love you to the moon and back and more than all the stars".  This was obviously too long of a title to use all Thickers, so I broke it up using this Gold Alphabet 
The moon die cut came from a Dear Lizzy Ephemera package (you might have it in your stash still!)


FullSizeRender (16)

The fun technique I tried for this layout was to use Modeling Paste and a star stencil to get the raised stars on the paper.  While it was drying I sprinkled it with very fine glitter, so it really glimmers in real life.  I will definitely use this technique again..it looks great and was very easy (and not so messy).  Give it a try and let us know how it works out for you!

10 comments :

  1. Love the stars and the paper is perfect for your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is so cute! I love the way you did your title and the stars! Perfect paper for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is so cute! I love the way you did your title and the stars! Perfect paper for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this! Great job on adding the glittery stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those textured stars are fabulous. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love that base paper and the stenciled stars are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the constellation paper - and this girl needs to go get some modeling paste! The stars look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete