Monday, March 30, 2015

LOTS happening this week!!!

I can't believe it is the last day of March!  It doesn't even feel like spring yet!!  But I am SO excited about April because that means its time for our annual SKETCHATHON!!


Every day for the entire month of April, we will reveal a new sketch challenge on the forum.  These sketches are unique and exclusively made by the My Scraps & More Design Team just for this event!  I have seen the sketches, and let me tell you, they are AWESOME!!

All challenge entries will be due by May 3rd.

Come by the forum and check out all the awesomeness going on!

Check out the forum here:  http://myscrapsandmore.proboards.com/

********************* Product Inspiration *******************

Whenever we get new products in the store, I feel like I have to create something with them right away!!  So I am sharing a page with the new Bella Blvd Color Chaos collection.  This was for the gold, green, and lucky Tuesday trigger this past week and the challenge was to use a photo with green, green paper, and an embellishment that is green.



On this page I used one of the "invisibles" (the black stripe) and I cut some holes out of it with my exacto knife.  I layered it over a 4x6 card cut out from paper, and some other strips of green paper.



On the background, I experimented a bit with a dry brush and some black paint, and I love how it turned out!


****************** Store News**************

FINALLY some new Crate Paper and other American Crafts goodies have arrived in the store!!












****please note that I have only received the embellishments and specialty papers from this collection.  The papers are still on their way and should be here by next week. All specialty gold foil papers and burlap sheets are in stock, however.*****





**********  Weekly Giveaway *********

This is going to be the LAST WEEK for the weekly giveaway on our blog!  We will no longer be choosing a winner each week from the blog, HOWEVER, we are moving this giveaway to our Facebook page!   Each Sunday, a new weekly challenge will be posted on our Facebook page.  Those who submit a layout for the challenge will be eligible for a $10 weekly certificate to the store!  So be sure to check out Facebook next Sunday for our first FB challenge!  

Be sure to follow us on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/myscrapsandmore

And our last blog weekly winner is:


Please email me at info@myscrapsandmore.com to claim your prize!

Have a great week everyone!!




8 comments :

  1. Great layout! Love the paint and stitching and how the journaling is treated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break the news but there's 31 days in March so you have one more day to go. LOL
    Lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just realizing that now and EVERYTHING I posted today I said April 1st is tomorrow....April Fools on Me I guess! lol!

      Delete
  4. Awesome page - can't wait for the sketch-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really pretty layout!! I love all the new goodies coming and in the store!! Wooohooo for the new sketch a thon...I really LOVE it every month!! Thank you so much for choosing me for the last blog post winner, so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is awesome. The black paint is so striking, I'm going to try that. Congrats Kim! Can't wait to hear what goodies you select from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this page, can I lift it? I have the Bella Color Chaos!! :)

    ReplyDelete