Friday, March 20, 2015

I Am Lucky

Hey, friends!  Missy here with you today.  I hope you're enjoying your Friday so far!  The layout I'm sharing here was for this week's Mix It Up Monday challenge over on our forum.  The challenge was to use a die cut or cut file, something with stripes and flowers.

I used the new Simple Stories I Am collection, and boy is it gorgeous!  I had a hard time narrowing down which pieces to use.  I seriously wanted to use ALL of it at once.  I started with the background cut file.  You can find it for FREE in the store HERE.  I always have to jazz up my backgrounds, so I added some paint.  You can see how I did it in my process video down below!  (I just started a YouTube channel sharing my process videos, so I hope you'll check it out!)


Here's my stripes element....this border sticker from the sticker sheet. I layered it under the die cut and over the painted background.  You can also see my tangled thread and stickers layered here.  That arrow  is a stamp.


I added some washi tape, some stitching and a few flair buttons.  I love how the cut file doesn't lay completely flat...it gives nice depth.


Here's a shot of the top...it's a mixture of tape, stickers, stitching, chipboard....and a date stamp.  I used another flair button here as well.
 

I really love how the title turned out.  I paired some of the stickers from the collection with this Lucky die cut.  I used a sheet from the 6x6 paper pad to cut it.  I really love this font...it's called Mf Queen Leela.


 Here's the video if you'd like to see how my crazy brain works when I'm scrapping :)



I hope this inspires you to try one of our challenges!  Every day brings something new and fun.  Hope to see you there!!

Have a great weekend!

Missy :)

10 comments :

  1. love it! Love the movement in your paint and how you rocked that cutfile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great video ... so nice to see you in action! Want to try some of the techniques you showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the die cuts, paint, and the color/black and white photo combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the two photos side by side with the color and then black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout & all your layers. Off to watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved watching your creative process :) thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete