Friday, March 6, 2015

Today...Let's Play a Game!

Hey there, My Scraps friends!  Missy here.  Have you checked out all of the amazing challenges going on right now on our forums?  We're having our Cabin Fever Crop right now...and we'd love to have you join us!

This is one of the layouts I created for one of my challenges.  I shared a few photos of games to play while you're stuck inside this Winter.  All you have to do is create a layout from whatever inspires you from the photo.  (Go HERE to see the photo).  One of the games was Perfection...it contains lots of geometric shapes. I was inspired to create this layout using lots of geometric shapes to form two hearts.  It's a cut file from the Silhouette store, and I used the negative pieces, colored them with gelatos and then pieced them back together.

I used a lot of American Crafts Plus One rub-ons behind my photo.  Apparently, rub-ons do have a shelf life, I discovered.  The older they get, the less they actually rub on. So several of them were really splotchy and didn't really adhere very well.  I wound up liking the result, though, because it looks more abstract and messy.


Most of my embellishments are also American Crafts.  I added a bit of Crate Paper (the transparent film frame and the black rub-ons), some various washi tapes, and some Heidi Swapp stamps.  I also added in some tangled thread and stitching.


Here you can see the messy rub-ons.  I just layered  a bunch of them around my photo and spread the colors around.  I love how the gelatos look on the heart pieces!


One last close up of the heart pieces.  I stamped "Love You More" and just carefully fussy cut it out and then colored in the hearts.  I love mixing and matching pieces from different manufacturers!  And I think this film strip washi tape from Michael's is one of my all- favorites!


I hope you can come crop with us....it doesn't end until March 8th, so there's still time!  Go HERE to check out all the challenges!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope this gives you some inspiration!

Missy :)

13 comments :

  1. Love the colors and all the layers, awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gelatos on the heart pieces! Such a colorful and beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gelatos on the heart pieces! Such a colorful and beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with those geometric hearts! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! The cameras are so cute and I have some of that film strip stuff around here too. Thanks for the inspiration to dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout and all the little details! I especially love how you did the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each new layout you post is my next favorite layout ever! Love the bits & textures & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those hearts! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the pieces shaped to form the heart - so colorful and pretty! I know I have some old (old!) rubons that probly have been sitting too long. :( The rubons behind your photo turned out great!
    I have an idea for one of the games in your challenge...hoping that I can get some scrappy time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this page, it's just stunning! I love all the details in it, and I especially love the hearts--that's a lot of work you put into them!

    ReplyDelete