Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Oh Cutie.

Hello and good morning...

Happy Tuesday...

Today I am sharing a layout with you from the latest Got Talent challenge contest going on, you can either play along in the forum or on the My Scraps & More facebook page. For this challenge, since we ALL have tons of patterned papers, I decided that it would be fun to make our own pattern paper. This is a great technique to help ensure that your papers match your photos or whatever you are trying to highlight.

I made this page, mainly using Cocoa Vanilla's Hello Lovely collection, but I added three of my own homemade patterned papers.


For my first paper, I made a script pattern, writing a sweet note of my little cutie. I punched a border on the side and added it under the pink graph paper:


Next I created an ombre misted paper, that matched exactly with her skirt in the photo:


Lastly I made a flower watercolor paper, using a stamped image:


Next I added some sharpie pen coloring inside the flowers:


To top it off, I added some watercoloring with pencils and used a blender pen to color the image in, giving it more of a "soft" feel. Again pulling colors from her dance outfit:


So get creative... what technique would you use to create your own patterned paper???

Thanks sooo much for stopping by and have a great day!!!

2 comments :