Friday, July 17, 2015

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here.  I hosted this week's Trigger Tuesday Challenge, which is where we use the monthly theme to come up with the challenge.  July's themes are celebrations/patriotic/stars & stripes.  I challenged members to use the word CELEBRATE on their layouts and to make a shape of some sort with their title.

I learned how to created a shaped title in my Silhouette software and decided to give it a try.  It was actually really easy!  I learned by watching this video by Ashley Horton.  I used the Amy Tan Rise & Shine collection on this, and used various patterned papers to back all those cut out letters.  I like this kind of design because it automatically creates a place for your photos & embellishments to go...right inside the circle.


If you know my work, then you know I love mixed media.  I went very light on this and only added a bit of ink spray and gelatos to my background.  I just wanted a bit of a darker teal peeking out from under the photo and embellishments.  I layered lots of paper under the photo, and I added some washi tape, that cute "love" wood veneer and a few flair buttons.  I also stitched around the inner circle with grey thread.


Here's a look at the backed letters...a very easy and fun technique to get lots of color and pattern around your page without it being too busy.


I punched this "just having fun" piece from a piece of patterned paper, and that pretty clear sticker is from this collection.  That cute flair button is from my stash.  I love to add tangled thread under them.


Here's one last close-up of the layers and the other cute flair button.


Here's a video of how this layout came together from start to finish.  Hope you enjoy!


Be sure to check out the store for all the newest collections.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

No comments :

Post a Comment