Sunday, July 26, 2015

Hello Mr.Seal with old school/new school October Afternoon

To me summer screams outdoor fun and water tones and yellows! I wanted to create a layout with lots of water tones and a hint of sunshine yellow.
I created this layout for this weeks Throwback Thursday on the forum, mixing older product with newer product for a fun, harmonious look!
To really make my papers pop, I started by converting my photos to black and white. This helps to not need to work with the colors in the photo and use correct papers to tell my story!
I started with mating my page in basic cardstock to help add more focus to my patterned paper. I than used the Shipwrecked Coast paper found in the new Treasure Map collection to create folded squares for a fun base! I than used the older, Reference Section paper from the Public Library collection to pop out floating circles. I love how it softens the shipwrecked paper and mixes so well together!
I added some more circles with some vellum paper from Crate Paper. For just the right detail, I used some Public Library border stickers to my photos and page borders.
Using some Public Library mini market alpha stickers to complete my journaling, I completed my happy, well mixed page!! I hope this inspires you to play with your collections, mixing them up together!
 Brianna

1 comment :