Friday, July 10, 2015

Always the Life of the Party

Happy Friday!  Missy here.  I have a Throwback Thursday layout to share with you today.  Yesterday's challenge was to use papers and embellishments at least two years old and create a banner out of patterned paper.  I went a little banner crazy (haha) and made a lot of them.  I pulled out the Studio Calico Lemon Lush collection and my triangle punch and made some fun and colorful banners.  I stitched them down and that was it.  I went very light on the embellishing since the background had so much going on.

I used a few of the cards from this collection, a cute paperclip and the star die cut.  The title is a mix of Thickers and older alphas from my stash.  I love how it all turned out! 


I did add a bit of tangled thread to add a pop of that bright blue and a bit of washi tape.  I didn't even do any mixed media on this page...shocker! :D


Here's a close-up of the layers and part of the title.  I decided to use a black & white photo because I'd never find a photo that coordinated with all those colors!  This way I could also use black as a prominent color in the title.


Here's one more look at the banners.  I flipped up the ends a bit to give them a more life-like look and then splattered some black Color Shine.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!

Missy :)

5 comments :

  1. What an amazing layout!! Such detail...love every bit of it!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Has to be a new favorite....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your page........adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete