Sunday, July 5, 2015

Celebrate with Crate Paper and Simple Stories

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend. July to me screams CELEBRATION between the American holiday and a birthday in our household. I wanted to carry this feeling by creating this layout with the focus title of "celebrate".

I wanted to start my page with a bold frame by using  black and white paper from the Maggie Holmes: Crate Paper Confetti collection and chose to anchor that by using a gorgeous neutral toned paper.
I wanted to create a fun look by cutting my lined paper up into a stack of file tabs. I just simply used an office folder we had at home, and traced the tabs into different areas in the paper for a less linear look.
I randomly placed some fun bits and pieces from a simple stories pack( which is sadly no longer in stock in the store) for more color and visual interest. I sprinkled some sequins and enamel dots from my Bella Blvd pack. I wanted to create a bold yet subtle title,  and chose to create this look by hand stitching my title with red thread.
I wanted a bit more interest and used some simple stories word bits to add more feeling to my photo and layout meaning; the celebration of life's little moments.
I added a subtitle for my date using some older Jillibean soup lettering. I added another bit from the simple stories pack, and stitched around it to tie it to my stitched title.
I created a grouping of embellishments and sequins below my photo to pull the eye towards the photo. Using some more bits from the simple stories packet , stitching around one to again pull the visual triangle to my title and heart bit above, and a flair piece from my stash.

I am happy how it all pulled together to help create the feeling I get from this photo of my girls!
                                                              Brianna

2 comments :