Friday, July 31, 2015

Be Silly!

Happy Friday, friends!  Have you seen the latest sketch over on the My Scraps Sketch Blog?  The awesomely talented Juliana Michaels is the Guest Designer this month, and her sketch is so much fun!


Here's what I came up with.  I pulled out the Amerian Crafts Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy collection for this.  I decided to go mixed media for this one, so I started with some white gesso on top of the black dotted patterned paper.  I used watercolors and gelatos to create the color splotches on the background.  For the circles in the sketch, I traced some of different sizes and then used gelatos to shade in some yellow.  I was excited to use one of the transparency papers in the collection...I really love how it looks!


Here's a close-up of one of the circles.  Gelatos smooth on very nicely if gesso is down first.  I just colored it on like a crayon and then used my finger and a touch of water to smooth is around the circle.  You can also see the transparency here as well as some stitching I did.


Here's another angle of one of the circles.  I splattered some black Color shine at the end to bring in a little more pops of color.


Gold foil....hello!  I cut this from one of the specialty patterned papers and added a gold arrow paper clip.  Sometimes the best embellishments come straight from patterned paper!


Layers and more layers :)  I layered in patterned papers, tissue paper, stickers, chipboard and tangled thread.  I finished off my photos with a cute little yellow bow sticker.


One last close-up of the title....and it's shiny gold!  These Thickers are gorgeous!  I layered them right on top of the transparency and added a die cut under it.


Be sure to visit the My Scraps Sketch Blog every Friday for a new sketch! And be sure to check out the STORE...there are SO many things coming in!!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

3 comments :

  1. AWESOME! Love all the details and the layering - fantastic background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome sketch! I love how you did the mixed media in the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing Missy! All those details! I love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete