Friday, October 9, 2015

Tantrum / Fancy Pants True Friend

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here with you again.  All week long, the Design Team has been sharing 12x12 layouts using 6x6 paper pads.  I used the Fancy Pants True Friend Paper Pad for my layout.

I used the papers in a few different ways:

1.  Layers behind my photo.
2.  Paper Piecing to back the circle die cut.
3.  Cutting a large title using multiple papers.
4.  Stamping and fussy cutting.

I added some texture paste and gelatos to my background to get the layout going.  I used products in the colors of the collection.  I had this circle die cut in my stash and I decided to back some of the circles using various patterns.  I added in lots of different stickers, Thickers, flair buttons, puffy stickers and my journaling.


I used some Evalicious stickers and a flair button on my page as well as some Simple Stories stickers.  I really love the color combination in this collection.  Luckily I have some teal thread in my stash, so I was able to match up my machine stitching just perfectly.


I really love how my big title turned out.  I used the Yellow Butterflies font to create "tantrum" really big in my Silhouette software.  I cut several papers and stuck them right beside each other on my cutting mat.  Easy peasy!  Then I just pieced it back together and adhered it down.


This cute flair button is from Evalicious, and I added some tangled thread under it for another pop of teal.  I added pop dots under the photo for more dimension.


Here's another look at the title area and the mixed media work.  I love how the background design is visible through the big circle die cut.


 I have been hoarding these gorgeous Thickers for a while now.  I think they look fabulous with this collection :)  Here you can also see the arrow stamps that I fussy cut.  That's one more thing you can do with your little scraps left over from a 6x6 paper pad.


 Here's my process video for this layout...you can see how it all came together if you'd like!  Hope you enjoy!



Be sure to check out the store for all the available 6x6 Paper Pads!  There are so many things you can do with them!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. What an adorable layout!! Love all the different prints you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous-loving all the background action yet it still is soft and let's you focus on the picture-Fab!!

    ReplyDelete