Friday, October 23, 2015

Fancy Free

Happy Weekend, everyone!  Missy back with you here.  Today I'm sharing the newest sketch over on the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog.  It's Sketch #116, and it was designed by the amazingly talented Jessy Christopher!  I'm a huge fan of her work, and I was so excited to work with her sketch.



I love the diagonal elements, and I decided to mimic the sketch pretty closely.  I shrunk everything down a little smaller.  I printed three small photos of my daughter dancing, spinning and playing around on the patio, just having herself a great time :)  I used the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection for this, and added some white gesso over the strips to tone them down a bit.  I did a bit of the packaging technique with gelatos and a few ink sprays to give color to the background.  The text part on the inside of the strips is tissue paper from Hazel and Ruby.


I fussy cut this flower from the floral patterned paper and layered it under the photos, which I popped up with pop dots.  I also added some leaf rub-ons here as well.  These colors together are so pretty!


I stitched through all the strips and then added a fun loopy loop die cut I've had laying around in my stash bin.  It's from The Cut Shoppe.


Here's another look at the strips and die cut.  I love how the black thread pops off these colors.


Finally, the title area combines a lot of elements.  I used my Cameo to cut "free" on white cardstock.  I used gelatos and my water brush to give it some color and then lightly traced the edges with a black pen.  "Fancy" is a rub-on, and the Party Animal is from the sticker sheet.  I added the red heart rub-on and then a few of the foam hearts, which are Thickers.


Make sure you check out the Sketch Blog and the My Scraps Store!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

Missy :)

1 comment :