Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dream, Explore, Discover

Hey there!
Lisa here today to share a post with you.
This week the My Scraps & More Design Team are sharing 12x12 layouts we created using 6x6 paper pads. I had the pleasure of working with Fancy Pants Makin' Waves paper pad. Fancy Pants is my favorite company to create with and this line is awesome! I have been loving using the 6x6 paper pads to create layouts and now have several in my stash.
I actually created 2 pages with the Fancy Pants Makin' Waves 6x6 paper pad. The first one I kept fairly simple and used a grid for my base:

 
I wanted to create movement across the top of my page with an arrow, but the 6x6 papers were not long enough, so I decided to do a broken arrow using a few strips of the red anchor paper. I think it added more movement than a solid arrow would have. I love the look!

 
I used wallet sized photos and cut the papers to match that size to create my grid:

 
Then I just added a few of the Project Life cards (my title "Dream, Explore, Discover" was a card I cut in thirds) , some stitching and a few other simple embellies and my layout was complete:

 
My second layout is not as simple, but still shows some easy ways to use the 6x6 papers.
The first thing I did was cut the clouds and waves using my Cameo. Then I backed them with some 6x6 papers and trimmed. I added a few more of the papers  as layers behind my photo and stitched. I cut the sun with my Cameo also and then used a scalloped circle punch and punched the orange 6x6 paper. I cut the scalloped part of the circle off and used that in 2 pieces- the bigger piece to the right top of my photos and the smaller piece on the lower left hand side of my page. The circle that was left, I added to the inside of my sun.:


 
I added some stitching to hold my waves in place. The anchor button is from the Fancy Pants Makin' Waves button pack:

 
Here is a closer look at the clouds and scalloped circle:

 
and a close up of the sun:
 
 
 I hope with this post, you learned a few new ways to use the 6x6 paper pads and will use them more often to create 12x12 layouts! They really are fun to use because they have smaller patterns and aren't quite as busy as the 12x12 papers we use all the time.

2 comments :

  1. LOVE the arrows on the first and the waves on the second - and the stitching on both! Fantastic LOs Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete