Friday, June 19, 2015

Summertime Love

Hey there, friends!  Missy back with you today.  Happy Friday!

I'm excited to share my latest layout with you.  I created for this week's Word Up Wednesday challenge over on our forums.  The challenge was to use the most obvious word of the season....SUMMER!  Easy peasy, right?!

I was in the mood to use up some of my washi tapes, so I pulled out several colors and patterns that coordinated with the new I Love Sunshine collection from Echo Park.  I tried something new on this page.  I filled a sheet of white cardstock with washi tape strips and then ran it through my Cameo, cutting this giant swirl cut file (from The Cut Shoppe).  I LOVED how it turned out!  It cut right through the cardstock and the tape and created this super fun and bright background piece.

I added some distress ink in Mermaid Lagoon to the background for some pool water contrast and layered everything on top of it.  The "Love This" and "Hello" are from the DIY Boutique Simple Stories collection.


I decided to make my title vertical, so I created the word "Love" in a scripty font and cut it out large.  I cut Summertime from one of the 6x6 papers and adhered that down.  I used rainbow colored threads to stitch over the "Love" die cut.  I added in some tangled yellow thread and added a flair button from my stash.


Here's a close-up look at the washi taped die cut.  Super fun and and easy way to get lot of color and pattern on your page :)  Those little circles are from the Snap Simple Stories line.  I added pink machine stitching through them all.


Here's one more look at the title area.  I just love the colors!


I hope this inspires you to use your washi tape in a new and fun way!  I really enjoyed this, and it was fun putting all those tapes together.  You could coordinate tapes in any color scheme to match up with any collection!

Have a great day!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. I love the rainbow of colors you used. How cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the bold colors and swirly papers!

    ReplyDelete