Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Sun-n-Fun with Just Nick


This week we are collaborating with Nicole Nowosad and her new online store for digital cutting files, Just Nick! All week long, the My Scraps & More design team will be showcasing layouts and projects featuring cut files from the Just Nick store


Stop by the Just Nick blog and get to know the new Design Team! You could win a $20 Gift Card to the My Scraps & More Store! Here are a few ways to enter. 



 2) Follow and leave a comment on the Just Nick Facebook page.

3) Follow and leave a comment on Nicole's Instagram account (@nicolenowosad), where you see the same above image.

 That's a lot of chances to win! Spread the word and good luck! Nicole will draw a winner at the end of the inspiration week smile emoticon
 _________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there and Happy Friday!  Missy here today.  I'm so excited to share my layout with you guys...it features three of the new cut files from Just Nick!  Have you had a chance to check out this new shop yet?  Nicole Nowosad is the creator/owner, and her files are so funky and fun.  I used the Funky Rectangles, Scribbles 3 and Word cut files for this.






I used the gorgeous new Crate Paper Poolside collection for this layout.  I used the Funky Rectangle cut file as a stencil.  I enlarged it, cut it out on cardstock and then used a few blue sprays to create the rectangles on the background.  I used a few stencils and distress inks to add a bit more color and then came in with my paper layers.  I used the Scribbles 3 cut file as a layer and the Word cut file as a title element.


I cut this on white cardstock and then used the Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to color it this pretty pinkish-red color.  I love how it looks paired up with these fun title stickers!


I added in some machine stitching, some tangled thread and some fun stickers.  The Scribble cut file is so fun....I could see it being used as a flower as well.


This collection is so pretty...lots of fun colors and embellishments.  My flair buttons are from my stash...they're from October Afternoon.


One more close up of the layering and stitching.  And that's tissue paper under my photo.


If you'd like to see how I put this layout together, here is a process video.  Hope you enjoy!


Be sure to check out the Just Nick shop and the My Scraps & More store!  Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a wonderful weekend!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. Always enjoy seeing Missy create! Love the scribbles file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Techniques, thanks for ideas x

    ReplyDelete