Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Matchbook Mini Album Tutorial

Hey there scrappy friends!
Lisa here today.
I posted the Got Talent challenge over on the My Scraps & More message board. This is only the second week, so there is lots of time to play along! There will be a new challenge posted every Friday through the summer.
My challenge is to create a layout and add a mini album on it.
It's been awhile since I made a matchbook mini album. I love them! They are a perfect way to add lots of photos to one page.
Here is my layout using Amy Tangerine Plus One and Bella Blvd. Enamel DooDads and a fussy cut camera:

 
(Photos by Tim Habeck)
Here are some close ups:


 
The tutorial to make a matchbook mini album for wallet sized photos:
 
Cut a piece of cardstock 6 1/4"x 3 1/2"
Score at 2 5/16", 2 7/16" and 5 5/16". It should look like this:
 
 
Use eyelet setter and create 2 small holes on the bottom of the matchbook flap. I believe mine are 1/8". I put them at 1 5/16" and 2 3/16". You can add eyelets here, but it's not necessary.
 

Add patterned paper to front flap and stitch if desired. Add a ribbon through the two holes and tie. Add photos (I added 10) and then fold up flap and staple on both sides of eyelets.

 
adhere to your layout.
Here is a close up of mine:

 
I would love to see your take on this challenge.
Have a great day!
Lisa
 
 

1 comment :