Friday, June 26, 2015

Dorks / Got Talent Challenge #4 is up today!

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy back with you today.  I'm so excited to share my first Got Talent Challenge of the summer with you all!  This is our 4th challenge so far.  Check in every Friday for a new one on the forum and Facebook page!

This week's challenge is to start with any color of plain cardstock and create a background from scratch using ONLY ribbon and washi tape.  You can add mixed media and whatever embellishments you'd like, but no patterned paper is allowed.

I found this pretty multi-colored ribbon in my stash and pulled more coordinating ribbon and washi tape to start.  I decided to create a strip design and even cut some of the ribbon to make them look a little uneven and jagged.  I added a bit of torn washi tape in the center and then added in a little bit of gelatos here and there for a "smudgy" look.  The rest is chipboard, rhinestones, thread, a bit of stamping and a flair button.


I really love the colors in the the ribbon.  After I glued them down, I went over them with some clear gesso.  That helped cement them down and also allowed the gelatos to smooth over them.  I added in some  machine stitching as well as this die cut from The Cut Shoppe.


I added white and blue tissue paper under my photo instead of patterned paper and then layered some washi tape on the side.  I've had this messy frame sitting on my desk for a while, and it fit perfectly under my photo.  I also added in this flair button.


I knew I wanted the title to be "dorks".....because we totally are...haha :D  I cut it pretty large on my Cameo and just layered it on top of the ribbon and tape.


I used some of the alphas from the Basic Grey Prism Sticker Sheet here and used an American Crafts stamp.


One last close up of the ribbon and the journaling...I really loved how it all turned out.


Here's the process video of this layout being created from start to finish if you're interested.  Thanks for watching!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out our forums and our Facebook page to play along with the challenges!

Have a great day!

Missy :)

4 comments :