Saturday, January 25, 2014

Crazy About Books

Hey there, My Scraps friends :)  Missy here with you today.  Here's a layout I created for Wednesday's Word Up Challenge.  The word was "crazy," and even though my photos are pretty tame, they show how my little Reesie is crazy about books.  I used some Jillibean Soup products on this project.

I added some modeling paste to the back.  I colored it first by adding some yellow acrylic paint to it.  I also added in a few touches of blue watercolor here and there.  The rest is layers, stickers and labels.
 

I outlined my title with a white pen to make it pop against the background.  I layered the letters stickers for the word "books."


I just love pop dots!  They can make the average sticker just jump right off the page.


Paste and thread...both have amazing texture.  I also threw in a piece of torn vellum.
 

Layering stickers is also fun...just make things more interesting :)


If you aren't a member of our forum, we sure hope you join us!  We have fun challenges going on all the time and prizes up for grabs.  You can go HERE to check things out.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

Missy :)

12 comments :

  1. Wow! This is incredible!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the texture on your page! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is amazing!!! I love the brightness and the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is fantastic and lovely photos too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love all the texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your style, Missy! Great design, colors, texture...but I have to say my favorite part is the subject: my family loves books too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking! I love the layers and that bright yellow paste/stenciling, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the different textures you used on your page, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, love what you did with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love what you did to your background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your background, all of the layers, and the cool details! Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete