Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Not So Winter Day...

Hey there and happy Saturday, friends!  Missy here with you today.  First and foremost, don't forget about our BLOG HOP going on over on our Sketch Blog!  Check it out HERE.

Today, I'm sharing a layout I created using last week's sketch (#61).  I wanted to scrap this cute picture of my little Paige swinging at school on the same day that Santa came to visit.  We live in Florida, so it wasn't even cold that day.  That doesn't stop me from using winter related scrappy products, though!  I pulled out the gorgeous Bundled Up line from Crate Paper.  I'm so glad her shirt is pink because it matches these papers perfectly :)

I added some watercolor, stamps and washi tapes to my background, and then added some paint and mist drops.  Gold is my new favorite color!


Gold Thickers....yessss!!  And I found some gold thread at Michael's....LOVE it!  You must get yourself some if you want to add a little shiny touch to your page.


I really love the pre-stitched pieces in this line, and the cute brad/buttons!


Layers, stamps and gold!  


I hope you join us for our Blog Hop, our sketches and our forum challenges!  We've got a lot going on, and we'd love to have you be a part of it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend :)

Missy :)

7 comments :

  1. You are so talented!! LOVE this layout! So lucky to be outside swinging in Dec! Love this line and how you used the gold touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the winter papers even though it wasn't a snowy day. I love the pops of gold as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page! So whimsical and FUN! Love the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layers and I just love how bright and cheerful this is, what a pretty collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FUN page! Love all the layering and that gold thread is gorgeous. I think I have some buried away somewhere! Definitely gonna dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your style, not everyone can pull that off!

    ReplyDelete