Saturday, October 26, 2013

Upside Down

Hey there, My Scraps fans!  Missy here with you today.  I can't believe October is almost gone...wow!  I'm sharing a fun and bright page with you today that I created for an upcoming challenge over on our boards.  I used a mix of Lily Bee Designs papers and embellishments...from Pinwheel and Sweet Shoppe.

I created my own messy background using mists, watercolor pencils, gelatos and modeling paste.  I just can't get enough of this messy stuff!  I then layered several patterned papers behind my silly photo and then threw in some fussy cut arrows, word stickers, buttons, brads and flair.  Looks complicated, but it really was easy to put together.


Here you can see all the layers and paste...I highly recommend making your own background with these kinds of products!  No right or wrong answer...just lots of fun!


Another detail photo...modeling paste lines and circles...you can see where it messed up, but I think that adds to the "coolness" of it!  I pop dotted the arrow for dimension.


Another close-up...


Be sure to check out the Lily Bee products HERE in the store!  You can get 40% off your order if you place one through tomorrow!!  Use the code SPOOK2013!

Have a wonderful day!

Missy :)

6 comments :

  1. Holy crap, Missy. This is amazing. I've never really mastered the art of misting/gesso/paint/paste. In fact, I bought a full set of Gelatos last Spring and still haven't figured out how to make the best of them. I'd LOVE to know how to do work like this! How about a tutorial next time? hehehe Only recently discovered the MSAM blog and I love what I see here! So much talent and tons of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your bright, happy page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! So many fantastic colors and layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun design! I love all the different layers and textures! Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete