Saturday, October 5, 2013

Life is Good + World Card Making Day!

Hey there, and Happy Saturday!  Missy here.  Did you know that today is World Card Making Day?  To celebrate, we're having a fun card-making event over on our message boards!  Each DT member has issued a fun challenge for you.  Head on over and check it out!  There is a big prize up for grabs!

Today, I'm sharing a page I created for Thursday's Throwback Challenge.  The challenge was to use papers from your stash that were at least TWO years old and use black & white photos.  I dug around a bit and found the Ad Lib line from Bo Bunny...I hadn't even used one piece of it yet!  How did that happen?  It's from 2011!  This line obviously isn't available anymore, but there is a lot of Bo Bunny in the store HERE.  I forgot how fun it is to work with big die cut pieces.  I really liked the colors and fun doodle-like patterns.


I used my Cameo to cut this title, and then I traced over it with a black pen.


I didn't have to do much to the background...it was already decorated for me!  I did cut some pieces from patterned paper to add here and there.

I love buttons!  They always add the perfect touch.


I hope this inspires you to dig into your existing stash and use it up!  Have a GREAT day, and we hope to see you join us for some CARD MAKING!

Thanks for stopping by!

Missy :)

3 comments :

  1. This just has such a fun whimsical feel to it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout! Love the doodles, the bright colors, the contrast of the B&W photos!

    ReplyDelete