Saturday, October 12, 2013

Smile! You're 2!

Happy Saturday, My Scraps fans!  Missy here with you today.  I'm sharing a page that's up on our boards this morning for the Saturday Steal Challenge.  We choose a member's layout from the gallery and lift it.  I chose a gorgeous page by Berta, which featured lots of big triangles and a single photo.  I dug into my archives and pulled out some of the Sketchbook collection from American Crafts.  I've been on a "use my stash" kick lately, and I still love this line so much!  Although it's an older collection, you can find all the brand new AC lines in the store right HERE!

I decided to tilt my design and layer in several triangles.  I used a chevron mask to create a few more triangle-type shapes.  I like the chevrons are basically just arrows...and arrows are triangular, right?!  They all flow together :)  I traced everything with a black pen.  I cut the big 2 out of vellum and lightly inked the edges.  I highly recommend using vellum on your pages...it's subtle yet a really nice way to add in a shape somewhere.


Here you can see the modeling paste chevrons.  I just love the bright pinks, yellows and blues together.


I added a little bundle of blue floss...I love using that these days!  I popped up my Smile piece to give it some dimension.


I found these cute sticky buttons at Michael's on clearance a while back, and they match this collection perfectly!


A close-up of the vellum and my journaling.


You really should come join us on the boards!  There are so many fun challenges every day.  It gives you a lot to choose from.  Plus, we have something really fun planned for the beginning of November...you'll want to be there for it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!

Missy :)

6 comments :

  1. This is just such a fun page! I love what you did with the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. It's funny I just used this line myself the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous layout- I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete