Friday, October 18, 2013

Helicopter Noses

One company that really hit it out of the park with there latest releases is Glitz Designs!  I love how all their collections are so bold and bright, and I love the color combos they put together.  I used today's sketch on the sketch blog to do this page about my kiddos playing in the yard with maple tree "helicopters"!

If you didn't know, the Finnley collection from Glitz is actually a baby line!  I didn't even know until I got the collection and noticed some of the sentiments seemed like "baby" phrases.  But I didn't buy this collection for the reason.  I loved the chartruse shade of green with the red and yellow and how about the triangles?????  LOVE those!

 I first started by creating some clear, heat embossed circles and then spraying my page with some mists and using a few of the Glitz Roller Doodles here and there. I then went around my embossed circles with a black pen and drew some dots, too.

I just layered my papers behind my photo and a cluster of embellishments on the bottom right.  A strip along the top and the title in the top corner helps balance it out!  I also wanted to add a few wood elements to help keep the page with a natural feel


Check out all the wonderful new GLITZ collections HERE in the store.

-Audrey


5 comments :

  1. What a darling layout! Loving the embossing/misting/stamping on the background and the stitching, such a cute photo/moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the new Glitz!! How cute! I remember my kids doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not sure about the Glitz line, but your layout really makes me want to give it another look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! I love the bold bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page. Such a cute pic.

    ReplyDelete