Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October's Member of the Month

Hello and good morning...

I'd like to introduce you to our wonderful member of the month from our My Scraps & More forum....... She is BERTA!!!! She's been a very supportive member of the board who is had been playing along with the challenges regularly and such a delight on the forum, and a real sweetheart.


Hi!  My name is Berta Ramsey and I come from a small rural community in Northern California.  I am a mom to 5,  grandma to 8, and great-grandma to 1.  I've been married to my sweetheart for 46 years.  I'm a retired child care provider (35 years), a breast cancer survivor (8 years), and a chocoholic.  I love camping and exploring beaches and lighthouses.  My other hobbies include needlecrafts.

I started keeping scrapbooks when I was a teenager but I discovered 'acid free' products in the late 1990s.  That's when I started this kind of scrapping.  I was introduced to online scrapping when my daughter-in-law started a kit club of her own in 2004. 

I'm not sure I really have a scrapbooking 'style'.  But I love to add ink, faux stitching, butterflies and flowers to most of my pages.  I'm also partial to soft colors.  My favorite technique is scraplifting.  My greatest inspiration for LOs is my family.  However, I love to scrap just about anything including pets and nature.

You can check out Berta's wonderful creations on her blog at: www.bertaramsey.blogspot.com

and here are some of her layouts to inspire you:











 Thanks Berta soooo much for being a wonderful addition to the My Scraps & More forum family...

15 comments :

  1. Congrats Berta! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Berta!! So nice to read more about you. We love having you on the boards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Berta! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Berta, so glad you came over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Berta! I always love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTG, Berta! Your pages are simply awesome! Congratulations on being the member of the month.
    Karen (keatonsgtgram)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Berta! Loved learning more about you and love having you on the board! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Berta!! You always do such great work! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats Berta, love seeing your work, esp. that sunburst layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Berta!! Really lovely LO's!

    ReplyDelete