Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Pink Ladies

Happy Saturday, friends!  Missy here with you today.  I created this page for the Tuesday Trigger challenge over on our forum.  Our monthly theme is THANKFUL, so the challenge was to create a page about friends that you're thankful for.  These fun and special ladies are my gym friends...and we have such a great time together each week!  We actually DO work out hard...but on this day we all dressed alike without knowing it until we got to the gym!  We just had to photograph it :)

I used a lot of the older American Crafts Sketchbook collection on this, mostly because of the bright pinks.  I decided to throw in some blues and yellows, and then went for my stash of washi tapes, mists, stamps and rub-ons.  I also added some modeling paste to my background using an arrow template.  I even threw in some rick rack that I've had collecting dust in a drawer for forever!


I used a black pen to outline my arrows once they dried...I love the messy look it gives!  I also love that the mist ran right through it.
 

Mist, stamps, and buttons!  It's so much fun to get messy and experiment with different mediums.  The fun part is that it's not perfect, and you just may wind up with something cool you didn't even envision when you started.


I love tucking things behind papers.  This floss was perfect, and I love the way it peeks out behind this curled up yellow paper.


We'd love to have you join us on the boards!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a great weekend!

Missy :)

7 comments :

  1. What a fun page! I love all the different elements and techniques you used on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different techniques and mediums you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout! Loving all the layers of color, stamping, paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you guys color coordinated just to make the layout that much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pink and black combo. great with these photos.

    ReplyDelete