Friday, November 1, 2013

November Member of the Month!

I am so excited to announce the Member of the Month for November!  Let's get to know KAREN (soccerboyzmom) a little bit better!





     *****************************
I am so honored by this forum to be featured.  I live in Chino, CA in the 909.  I am a single Mom who has raised her 2 sons, whom I call MEN since they are now 27 & 28.  I have 2 adopted Beagles, Jagger Meister and Brandi.  I retired 1 year ago after teaching High School for 32 years dealing with 9-12th graders.

How long have you been scrapping?

I have been scrapping seriously the last 5 years, but really started in 2000.

What got you into scrapping?

My sons cub scout leader was having a CM party and thought it would be a good idea to scrap the kids pictures as a den.  She reprinted all the pictures and brought them.  I went with intentions of buying nothing, but got hooked.  For about 1 year a few of us would go over  every other week and scrap cub scouts.  We even ventured to a scrapbook store and there wasn't much out, but fun buying embellishments.  I got busy and put it aside for about 5 years and then stayed with it.

What do you consider your scrappy style?

Not sure what you call it, but far away from the simple style I started with.  I love embellishments and layers, maybe trendy.

Do you have a blog?

Yes I have a blog and you can see my work on:  http://www.calmcreations.blogspot.com/
 
What is your favorite thing about My Scraps &More?

First would be the people and challenges, next would be the My Scraps & More Sketch Blog and last I have to say the new game , Pass it On.  I love to see how the layout evolves from one sketch.

Tell us 5 things we don't know about you.

1.  I am about 18 years behind on scrapping my son's pictures, but just keep plugging along
2.  My oldest son is getting married in June in BgBear, CA
3.  I love Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks and have become good friends with my Barista
4.  I love the color combo of Purple and Gray, so much I painted my bedroom lavender, with purple accents and have gray carpet.
5.  I collect coffee mugs from where I go, my son even brought me back a mug from Starbucks in Ireland.
 
Thank you again, My Scraps & More for making my everyday. 
*****************

I browsed through Karen's Gallery (which you can see HERE) and found these projects that I just love:







Thank YOU, Karen, for being such a wonderful contributor to our My Scraps community! 

8 comments :

  1. Karen, congratulations on being member of the month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Karen! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Karen. Your Beagle is adorable and such handsome boys (men). Don't worry about being behind. it's okay. fun getting to know you more. Love you bedroom colors. sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Karen! I really loved reading your bio! That's an awesome photo of you and your "men"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go congrats Karen!!!!! great to know you better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh, Karen, it's so cool to learn all this stuff about you! And, Tammi sure found some wonderful projects in your Gallery to feature. Huge congrats on being MOTM! Enjoy the limelight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Karen, loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete