Friday, June 20, 2014

Pocket Cards on a Layout

Hey there, friends!  Missy here.  Today I'm sharing a fun and easy page I created for the big Summer-long Got Talent Contest over on our boards, and I created this one for a "create a grid" challenge last week.  I have tons of these Project Life/Pocket Cards from several collections, and they make it really easy to create a grid.

I pulled out some of the Record It Just Splendid cards from my My Mind's Eye collection and went to work.  I picked out the ones I liked and that matched my photos and laid them out.  I don't have a sewing machine, so I used a border stamp that looks like stitching.  I used lots of embellishments around the photos, and I made my very first pinwheel.  I really like how it turned out :)


I adhered my cut file title to transparency paper to make it easier to adhere to the layout.  I also used some stickers, brads and drywall tape to add some interest around the picture cluster.


I threw in some paint and stamping, as well...


I know these were all the rage several months ago, but I just never got around to trying it.  Turns out, it's really easy...haha!  Love the summer feel of it.


Messy thread to add more color and texture...so easy to do :)


This drywall tape is amazing!  It's easy to cut and tear, and it holds color well.  You could even use it as a mask....that's next on my list :)


You are more than welcome to come jump in at any time during the Summer if you'd like to play along with us!  There are weekly challenges as well as a big one at the end.  Come check it all out HERE!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! 

Missy :)

11 comments :

  1. Very cute, love how it turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page! When I saw it, I didn't even realize that you hadn't stitched w a sewing machine - you give me inspiration, since my sewing machine and I don't get along. ;)
    Love all the cards you chose - another great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use those journaling cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you chose. They go very well with the photo. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anther wonderful layout!! Thanks so much for the inspiration. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colors and I like the pin wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great way to use these pocket cards! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous. love the use of the pocket cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous use of the cards and this layout is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete