We are experimenting with a new gallery at My Scraps & More using Flickr. It is very user friendly and easy to navigate through. Plus there is a great iPhone app with it, too!
We would LOVE to have you come browse and even sign up and contribute!
1. Go to www.flickr.com and create an account. If you already have a yahoo account, you just use your yahoo login. You can also log in with Facebook, too.
2. Once you create an account, you can start uploading your photos to your photostream. If you want your photos to be seen by others, you need to make them "public". These public ones you can share in the My Scraps & More group (and any other group you wish to be a part of).
3. Next, you need to join the My Scraps Group: www.flickr.com/groups/myscrapsandmore/
4. Once you are a member of the My Scraps Group, you can add photos from your photostream to the group and share! You can leave comments, particpate in discussions, and LOTS more! You can also post your photos to your facebook page from there and lots of other social media things, too.
5. The benefit for the store is that anyone who searches for "scrapbook galleries" can find My Scraps & More (but everyone who contributes must be a member first).
6. NOTE: You will notice that there are no "albums" or categories for the layouts (i.e., no "Got Talent" album). Instead, you have to tag your photos with words that will be predetermined. For example, I tagged one of my pages with junechallenge. If you search for junechallenge, you will see all the pages with that tag. You can add as many tags as you want to your photos, BUT if we do a contest or challenge, we will give you a specific tag to use for that event. If you want to try tagging your photos, you can start with the tags: junechallenge and gottalent, if your photo applies to those categories.
I have been really into using my Silhouette lately to cut out some unique shapes to use on my pages. I found this circle one with leave shapes cut out. I backed some of the open spaces with patterned papers and then stitched around the outside of the circle.
There is a whole bunch of fussy cutting with the flowers, and then I layered some other die cuts and vellum pieces.
I've been doing a lot of color challenges lately, and this one was based on one at Color Me Scrappy.
Papers are from Glitz "Finnley", MME "Now & Then Mildred", and Crate Paper "Maggie Holmes Styleboard".
For a chance to win a $10 credit to the store, leave a comment on each blog post this week. I will choose a random day and then a random commentor on that day to win!!! Winners have 7 days to claim their prize.
And this weeks winner is:
Congrats! Please send me an email at email@example.com to claim your prize!