Friday, June 27, 2014

Best Ever Big Book

Happy Friday, My Scraps fans!  Missy here with you today.  Have you ever began a layout and you really had no idea where it was going or where it was going to wind up?  This is one of those layouts.  I had my four photos and at first I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to arrange them.  Vertial?   Horizontal?  All mixed up?  I finally decided on an uneven horizontal row.  I really love this new Public Library line from October Afternoon, and it's perfect for book or reading photos.  

It's kind of funny...after I decided to lay my photos in this design and add the different color paint strips in the background, I noticed the newest sketch on the OA blog is pretty much just like this!  I had no idea.  I used some gesso that I toned down with some tan colored paint to blend out some of the words on the background.  I took my trusty watercolors and created a nice colorful color wash until I was happy with the colors.  The rest is layers of paper under the photos and lots of fun ephemera, stickers and flair.  This collection (and a few from Daily Flash) is FULL of little bits and pieces to add.

I created this layout for today's challenge over on our boards.  The challenge is to take some old alphas from your stash and alter them somehow.  I used some really old white chipboard Thickers and used some small alpha stamps to add random letters to them.  I also used a red gelato to add a bit of color to them.  Easy and fun!


I used pop dots on a few of the photos for dimension.  I also used a few random rub-ons I found sitting on my desk.  You really never know what may pop up on my desk these days....it stays full of scrappy stuff...haha!


More layers....stickers, flair....I even used my Tiny Attacher to adhere a few things.  I love this stapler!


Here's a closer look at my altered letters.  I love taking ordinary parts and making them different and unique!
 

We'd love to see you join us over on the boards for our challenges!  I  hope this inspires you to take something old and alter it to make it cool again :)   (Although I have to say Thickers never go out of style, right?!)

Have a great day!

Missy :)

9 comments :

  1. Wow, your watercoloring against the book page background is beautiful! Loving how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! I love the painted background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! My DD is a huge little book lover too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Thickers don't ever go out of style, but I still love how you altered these plain letters - looks awesome, as does your whole page! Love the watercolor background. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, who doesn't love a good book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and colorful and I like how you altered the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with those alphas

    ReplyDelete