Friday, December 11, 2015

Selfie

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here.  Today's layout is one I created for a Saturday Scraplift last month.  I lifted a page from Yu-Shan, and I used the Basic Grey B-Side collection.

I started with this awesome distressed grey background paper and used a foam brush and acrylic paint to created a few bold brush strokes like Yu-Shan did.  I used tissue paper, a little fish-tailed banner piece, a triangle, and I used the same title as she did.  Her one large photo was also centered with layers.

I love the mix of colors and patterns in this collection!  It's so fun, and the sentiments are really awesome.  I didn't have any orange letter stickers, so I used some acrylic orange paint and smudged it on some white Thickers.  Worked like a charm!


And as you can see, I decided to add some stitching AFTER I stuck the Thickers down.....and they sort of ripped when I tried to peel them up.  I did my best to "fix" them...haha.  These little white alpha stickers are from Evalicious, and I just had to add that in there :D


I used a lot of the 6x6 papers for these torn layers.  I added in lots of machine stitching, and I also stitched on that "Hello Gorgeous" die cut at the top.


I colored that little arrow with a green gelato, and I traced around the "3" triangle with a black Sharpie to make it pop a little more.  I added in a flair button from my stash and then added in some orange tangled thread.


Here's one more close-up of the top.  I used my craft knife to slice around the "Stoked" letters so I could overlap them on top of my photo without covering them up.  The "haha!" stamp is from my stash....it's from a Fiskars set I found at Michael's.


Here's the process video for this page...I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Friday!

Missy ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment