Friday, December 4, 2015

Right Now

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy back with you.  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for last month's Pinspirational Crop over on our boards.  I chose Clothing as one of my challenges, and I used this pin for inspiration.  I love the outfit for starters, but I love the mix of colors with the bold stripes added in.  I used the color scheme and the stripes for my layout.


I pulled out some of my American Crafts Polka Dot Party stash for this since the colors were perfect.  The background yellow sheet is from Pink Paislee.  This turned out to be a very different layout for me, I think, but I really like how it turned out.  I decided to create sort of a diagonal design by adding in some white cardstock.  I added some white gesso and then used gelatos and watercolors to add some "messy stuff" to the background.  The layers behind my photos are pretty simple; I did add in a diagonal die cut I created on my Cameo.  I added in some black stitching for extra detail and that's about it.


I love the mix of colors and how the watercolors and ink splatters look on the background.  I did add a flair button from my stash with some yellow thread under it.


Layering is such a great technique, and I really didn't use a lot of paper to create this.  It was made from old scraps I had leftover.  That cute arrow clip is from Evalicious.


I used up some of those awesome Thickers I've been hoarding, and I paired them with some of the Elle's Studio alpha stamps that are still available in the store.



I hope this gives you some inspiration on how to use an image of just about anything for scrapbooking.  Inspiration is everywhere :)

Here's my process video for this layout if you'd like to see how I put it all together.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

1 comment :