Sunday, September 13, 2015

Milk Carton robot with Bella Blvd

I am still playing with the Bella Blvd Color Chaos line, seriously the colors are so vibrant and the line is so playful and versatile!! It just doesn't get old! I created this fun layout for this weeks Saturday Scraplift on the blog and am happy how fun it turned out!
I wanted to use the arrows transparency as my base, playing with it, adding my embellishments both over and under it for a fun look! Using the daily details paper , I cut a square to balance out my photo of my daughter proudly sharing her milk carton robot made for school.
 
Using the McIntosh strands paper, and the ice strands paper, I  created paper strips in a variety of sizes needed to fill the space between my photo and titles! I tried to pull the colors from my photo, both the obvious and the subtle and was so happy how perfectly this line matched with the tones in the whole photo. I continued with the red tones from the Gulf Strandz paper  with its tiny hearts to create multiple floating circles for under my photo.
wanting just a bit more color, I opted to add the bright yellow scallop strandz paper as photo corners within the layout.
I created my subtitle and dates from the pink fresh studio alphas stickers in a pink tone perfect for my photo. I added some more sparkle with puffy black stickers by Pinkfresh Studios for my title.
I am brave enough to share that I struggled with how to pull this whole page together with a background paper. I tried a plain white carstock, but it was just too blah and plain, so I tried to paint a subtle yellow on it beneath my transparency paper, but try as I may, painting on my pages never feels like it looks right to me, so I chose this amazing specialty paper from the Crate Paper journey line for the perfect bold, subtleness, if that makes any sense! I am happy how it turned out, even with the slight struggle at the end!! We would love to see you over in the forum and share your vision of this fun lift!
                                                                         Brianna

1 comment :

  1. Love this - so fun & bright - and the transparency with the arrows is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete