Friday, August 7, 2015

This Happened

It's Friday...yay!  Hope you all are doing well :)  It's Missy back with you today to share a layout I created for last week's Throwback Thursday challenge over on our forums.  I have been hoarding some of my Basic Grey Highline collection and those amazing black script Thickers!  It's time to use them, though, so I created this fun page using them.

I absolutely LOVE this background paper.  I added a bit of pink ink to the background behind everything, but just enough to give some interest.  I knew I wanted to use those Thickers and create a big title, so I arranged all six of my photos around it.  I used some orange and yellow patterned paper from the BG line and cut a few big messy circles for the background.  I used black thread to stitch some wonky circles over them, and the rest is embellishing.  I did cut a few large film strips in black cardstock for my background as well.


I printed my photos in black and white since our kids' bathroom is 70s green...haha.  I love how they look against these BG colors!  I added in more stitching on top of this chipboard piece...I love the zig zag stitch!


I wish I had several more packs of these Thickers...but you can't just let them sit in your stash forever, right?  I honestly wish I had another set of the entire BG Highline collection....I think I need another room just for the stuff I hoard...haha :D


I used a Simple Stories stamp from the DIY collection right above the journaling here.  I did use my T-square ruler to make sure my lines were straight.


Here's one last closeup...fun chipboard, more stitching, mores stamping and some tangled thread.


This was so fun to put together!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and be sure to check out our forums for lots of challenges.  You can also visit and join in our Facebook group, too!

Have a great weekend!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. You just CANNOT go wrong with that Highline collection - the colors are amazing. Love all your circles and stitching!! (I am hoarding my Highline stash as well....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the bright colors, such a pretty layout!

    ReplyDelete