Sunday, August 23, 2015

Have backpack, will travel with Crate Paper

Happy Sunday sweet scrappy friends! Today I am sharing a super fun layout created for this weeks sketch over at the SKETCH BLOG. Using the sketch and cutfile created by this months guest sketch artist Gina Lideros, I created this layout in celebration of the new school year which has started for many across the united states.

I knew right away that I wanted to use this voyage paper by Crate Paper's  journey collection. I wanted to play on the aspect on travel, without creating an actual vacation or travel subject layout. I see Kindergarten as one big journey for new kids, and thought it quite fitting. I wanted to use the paper, which is dark, and chose to balance it with a lot of lighter elements, including the B side of this paper.

Using basic Kraft cardstock also helped to lighten up the page. I kept to the sketch with my journaling and photo placement, using some October Afternoon mini market alphas in an aqua tone. Adding an extra strip along the cutfile, decorated with lots of embellishments helped to both dress up and lighten the page by choosing lighter elements. I also added another photo for emphasis on my subject.
I just love that "oh the places youll go" tab from the Crate Paper die  cut package. I also added some awesome triangles cut from the Crate Paper Poolside specialty paper which I fussy cut to add.
I hope I inspired you to not be afraid of darker patterned paper and get you excited for the new school year!!
                                                                         Brianna

2 comments :

  1. Great take on the sketch! Love the lighter elements on the dark background!

    ReplyDelete