Friday, August 21, 2015

Behind the Curtain

Hey friends!  Missy back with you today.  I'm sharing the layout I created for last week's Throwback Thursday challenge.  The challenge was to use papers and embellishments at least two years old and to use something really big on the layout as well as something really small.

I used the Fancy Pants Be Loved line from 2013.  I am loving the trend of hand drawing letters onto patterned paper and then cutting them out.  I roughly drew the letters of my daughter's name in five different papers and then went over most of the background with white gesso.  I added some gelatos in teal and pink and then added some gold Color Shine splatters.  Next, I machine stitched over each letter with different colored thread.


These soft colors are just gorgeous together...and the gold really accents it all.  I added gold stitching in various places, and I also added gold Color Shine to three of the smaller fussy cut hearts.  I pulled some word and phrase stickers from my stash to add around the page.


My "something small" was the tiny title.  I used the alpha stickers from the collection.  I also added some tissue paper behind the photos as well as some tangled thread.


I fussy cut these chevron arrows from one of the 12x12 patterned papers and then stitched through them.  I brought in some grey and white striped washi tape from my stash to add a bit of interest to the sides of the photos.


Here's another look at the fussy cutting and beautiful gold stitching.  I love mixing up the straight and zig zag stitching.


The last thing I added to the layout was flair.  I gave them each a little gold next to sit in.  I love doing this to add texture, interest and a pop of color.


You can check out my process video if you'd like to see how I put this page together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Missy :)

1 comment :

  1. OH MY GOSH!! What a terrifically AWESOME layout. I love every tiny detail you have done on this. Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete