Friday, September 26, 2014

A forgotten layout...

Happy Friday, friends :)  Missy here with you today.   I hope you're ready for a fun weekend of crafting!  Today, I'm sharing a layout I created back in August for a challenge over on the My Scraps & More boards.  I completely forgot to share it here on the blog!  Oops!  Blonde moment :)  So here it is!

For this challenge, the rules were to use stamps to create an embellishment.  I used a circle heart stamp from Jillibean Soup.  I stamped it a few times in different colored inks, cut it out, added pop dots, and that's it!  A handmade embellishment :)  I also created one using the "hello life" stamp, but I can't for the life of me remember what brand it is.

I used some gorgeous My Mind's Eye products for this...it's a mix of Necessities Wood, Record It and Now and Then.  There's also some American Crafts goodies thrown in the mix.


I know I say it every time, but I just love layering.  I don't think I could create a layout with layers!  The "love" part of my title is a Cameo cut.  I used white cardstock and then watercolored it the pink to match.  I layered in some AC Mayberry die cuts as well as some chipboard from Cut & Paste.  My big white circles were cut from my Cameo and I backed each one with MME papers.


I just love the color mix here.  That green is from the watercolors I added to the wood background.  I'm kind of obsessed with watercolors....but you probably already knew that...haha :)


Another angle of the layering and texture....here you can see where I added gesso to the background.  And that cute arrow paper clip was from a clearance pack at Hobby Lobby a while ago.  You just never know what you may find while browsing around!


Thanks so much for stopping by today :)  I hope you have a great weekend! 

Missy :)

6 comments :

  1. I love the way you mix products and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and colorful with all the circles. I like how you used stamps to make embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fun heart embellishments and all the great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Loving all those circles! You really have a great eye for detail too Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your layouts! They're always so fun, whimsical, and with amazing details! This is just fabulous as usual! Love your work Missy!

    ReplyDelete