Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fun with October Afternoon

Hey there, everyone!  Missy here today to share a layout with you...and it's showcasing a really fun line that I've had for a while.  

Witch Hazel by October Afternoon is still available in the store HERE.  It's a lot of fun, and I like that it throws in some blue and that witchy green color.  It reminds me of the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz...her exact skin tone!  I always thought that Halloween pages could only consist of black, orange & some purple for some reason.  Not true!  The embellishment stickers are fun in this line, too!

To create this page, I started off with a busy patterned paper.  Those chevrons are like an optical illusion...so I took an old credit card and smeared some black paint all around.  I like how it's transparent...you can still see the chevrons, but they're really toned down.  Plus it anchors everything else.  I knew I wanted to use that black tree since these pics were of my girls outside on Halloween.  The rest just came together.  I love the colors and how it turned out!


Be sure to keep your eye on the store...there will be LOTS of new things coming in the near future!  Check out the boards HERE for the rundown on all the new lines coming out for CHA!  You'll totally swoon, no doubt :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Missy :)

5 comments :

  1. Love how you toned down the background. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great use of product and embellies. LOVE that swing photo- so adorable! Definitely scrap worthy! Excited for CHA here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow totally LOVIN your black paint!!!! looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGSH-looove that paint technique. I too love this collection from OA--I am dying to use it but too scared to cut it--BWAA HAA HAA!

    ReplyDelete