It is Peggy, known on the message board as Favoritegrandma.
Let's learn a little bit more about Peggy in her own words:
Hello! I was very honored when Lisa asked me to be December’s Member of the Month.
My name is Peggy Goehring. I was born and raised in South Dakota. My husband, Jim of 40 years and I have 2 daughters. Our oldest daughter and granddaughter live only minutes away and our youngest daughter and son-in-law live with us while their dream house is being built.
We lived in the Midwest until Jim’s retirement in 2002 and moved to Florida in 2003 to escape the cold winters. I am a SAHG – Stay At Home Grandmother – helping raise our favorite (and only) 10 year old granddaughter, Katie since she was 1 years old. We are very involved in her life, attending all her events at school and Church.
I started scrapping at age 9 when I needed to keep record books in 4-H and it progressed into scrapbooks. I have redone some of those books as they weren’t acid-free and mostly contained memorabilia instead of pictures. Some of the pictures were badly damaged, but I have been able to rescue the majority of them.
My scrappy style is all over the place, kind of eclectic I guess.
I would love to have you stop by my blog for a visit – even though I go in spurts posting.
Things about me you may not know:
1) This is my second year as Katie’s classroom Grandma; the students call me “Miss Peggy” and/or “Grandma”.
2) We live 30 minutes from Walt Disney World and can hear the fireworks at night.
3) I have visited 47 of the 50 states – yet to visit are Alaska, Wisconsin and Michigan.
4) I painted Katie’s bedroom a mural of “Pixie Hollow” fairyland.
5) I have machine stitched and hand quilted over 50 quilts of different sizes – giving most of them away.
I am blessed to have found My Scraps & More – the design team is sooooo…. inspirational, the challenges and crops are the best. Thank you for all you do helping me tell my stories.
Here are some of my favorite projects of Peggy's:
Thanks Peggy for taking time and sharing more about you with us. We love having you at My Scraps & More!