Friday, November 21, 2014

Together Always

Hey there, friends :)  Missy here. I hope you've had a great week!  I'm so glad it's Friday! 

Today I'm sharing a layout I created for last week's Pinspirational Crop.  I hosted an inspirational quote challenge.  I found this on Pinterest and used it as inspiration.


I created this layout using the gorgeous Maggie Holmes Open Book by Crate Paper.  Although there is a TON of ephemera and die cuts in this collection, I went minimal here.  I backed a few die cut hearts (from The Cut Shoppe HERE).  I gessoed my background and then used distress inks & water and some plastic packaging to smudge it around.  I love the watercolor effect that creates.


I added in some of the vellum pieces and some thread here.  That LOVE transparency piece is from Heidi Swapp....and I actually found it on the floor next to my desk chair from one of my earlier projects.  It matched, so I made a place for it :)


I created a heart cluster at the top right using stickers, a fabric covered brad, some machine stitching and a few rub-ons.


This collection is full of these fun vellum pieces.  The hard part is choosing which ones to use...the choices are endless!  I love these rub-on hearts...probably one of my favorite parts of the collection, I think.


You can find this collection in the My Scraps Store!  

Thanks for stopping by! 

Missy :)

9 comments :

  1. That is GORGEOUS Missy!!! And I adore that quote. I love everything about your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and awesome inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous layout! Your inspiration is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote! And the crazy quilt hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout! I love those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I like the colors, stitching and all the hearts. Great quote too.

    ReplyDelete