Friday, April 19, 2013

Echo Park- All About a Boy (and a girl)

I was sooo inspired by the sketch on the sketch blog today!  I love different sketches that guide you to create something different, and that' is exactly what this sketch did!  You will have to see it HERE to see what I mean!  :)

Here is my take on the sketch.  I used Echo Park "All About a Boy" collection.  I love the aquas, blues, and oranges in this line! I also added in a few embellies from my stash.



I started with the strips of diagonal papers and then stitched over them with my machine.  I added a row of stamped arrows, too.

For some dimension, I added some wood veneer stars, some old Jillibean fabric stars, and some flair!


I tucked my journaling on a tag behind the photos.




I'd love to see how you take on this sketch this week!

-Audrey

3 comments :

  1. I luuuuuv your take on the sketch Audrey--you have inpsired me to take on the horrid slant thangy that I struggle with-LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the sketch....loving the colors & stitching!

    ReplyDelete