Friday, January 6, 2012

Mini Desk Calendar

Good Morning and TGIF!! Today I want to share with you a desk calendar that I made for my step daughter. A couple of weeks before Christmas I saw these great picture frames at Michaels and got this idea. My intention was to complete it before the holiday and give it to her as a gift but I had no creative time through the holiday so it ended up being a few days late.

I first started with my supplies: 12 wallet sized pictures, wide frame with glass out, 2 large binder rings and small 12 month calendar pages (which I printed for free from the internet)



I then cut my chosen papers to the desired size ( mine are about 5 x 7 )



and then I trimmed the calendar pages to fit my mini-layouts...


I ALWAYS ink everything so this was no exception. I also used my crop-a-dile and punched two holes at the top to fit the binder rings.


and I created 12 mini-layouts! Here are a couple of the completed pages. (this was the fun part!!)



From all of my excitement for finishing the project, I forgot to take a picture when it was completed. :( I hope that you can still get the idea. I am planning on making one for myself soon! It came together really quickly and made a great gift which can be customized to give any time throughout the year! If you give it a try yourself, please share!


I also have a winner to announce from the December sketch... wendycrowe!! Congratulations! Please email me your address so that I can get your prize out to you!!


Have a terrific Friday and an amazing weekend and Thank You for taking the time to visit My Scraps & More!!

3 comments :