Friday, December 18, 2015

Fabulous Flier

Hey, friends!  Missy here, and I'm so happy it's Friday!  Today I wanted to share a layout I created last month as the November Guest Designer for Basic Grey!  Yayyyyy!  I remember the very first sheet of scrapbook paper I ever bought in my local scrapbook store years ago was Basic Grey, and it was so pretty I never wanted to cut into it.  My heart skipped a beat when I received an email from THE Becky Fleck...yes....Becky Fleck!!  What!!  Of course I said YES!

I used the beautiful new Sunkissed collection. This is one of those pages.  I couldn't decide which papers to use first, so I used almost all of them!  I cut a bunch of butterflies on my Cameo and placed them on my background paper like they were flying out of the photo.  I did some mixed media work on the background using white gesso, gelatos and various spray inks.  I used my sewing machine to stitch through the centers of all the butterflies.


I just love these patterns and colors...they are so me!  I love them against this beautiful sky blue background sheet.  I added in some stickers and die cuts from the collection as well as some tangled thread from my stash.


This awesome "fabulous" die cut is part of the ephemera pack, and it makes the perfect title!  I paired it with some of the small pink alpha stickers and then added my journaling below it.



I hope this inspires you in some way to use lots of patterned papers on your layout!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

Missy :)

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful...I love BasicGrey too! I adore your butterflies and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fabulous Flier is an absolute marvel in the sky. Its sleek design, powerful engines, and state-of-the-art technology make it a true standout. Can I Add Fonts To Gmail It effortlessly glides through the air, delivering an exhilarating and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete